Patient Participation Group (PPG)
At Carlisle Healthcare we are constantly looking to improve the services we offer our patients against the back drop of major changes and developments within the Health service.
We have an active Patient Participation Group (PPG) which meets regularly to discuss ways we can improve our surgeries and services.
In the past we have discussed the appointment system, obtaining prescriptions and test results, as well as other matters such as the recent outcome of the CQC inspection in November 2018.
A PPG Can
- Offer patient feedback about their experiences with the surgery
- Help the practice improve their services
- Help the practice make the best use of their resources
- Improve communication
- Help to promote good health
- Influence decisions about which services are provided
- Offer practical support to the practice
A PPG is not
- A forum for complaints
- A fundraising organisation
- A time consuming activity
Our PPG meets with the practice team quarterly to exchange information on the way the practice operates. Our current Chair-person Tim Hazzard is very keen to attract a wide spectrum of patients as members of the PPG and would love to represent a wide range of patients from the very young to the very old.
Ideally the PPG should represent patients of all ages, both male & female. We need those still at home, workers, retirees as well as people with long term conditions and people from non-British ethnic groups.
If you would like to be involved in our patient group please contact the Practice Manager Tracey Darrington, or simply complete the form above.