About the NHS App
If you’re a patient at our practice you can now use the new NHS App, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
You can use the NHS App to check your symptoms and get instant advice, book appointments, order repeat prescriptions, view your GP medical record and more.
If you already use anotherGP online service you can continue to use it. You can use the NHS App as well.
For more information go to www.nhs.uk/nhsapp
The following services are available to all registered patients:
- Order Repeat Prescriptions
- View Medical Records
- Update Address Details
Access Health Services on Behalf of Someone They Care For
Proxy access allows parents, family members and carers to access health services on behalf of other people. For example, children, dependants you care for, and relatives.
Currently, you can use linked profiles in the NHS App to act on behalf of another person if:
- they are registered at the same GP surgery as yourself
- you are both patients at a GP surgery that uses either TPP (SystmOnline) or EMIS (Patient Access)
- the GP surgery has registered you for proxy access
Depending on the level of access your surgery gives you, you can switch profiles in the NHS App to act on behalf of another person and:
- book an appointment
- order a repeat prescription
- view their GP medical record, where appropriate
How to set up Proxy Access
- complete the proxy access form - click to download
- email the completed form to us Admin@GP-A82016.NHS.UK
- include relevant ID for both people (Birth certificates for children. Passports for adults)
When the surgery has checked your identity and registered you for proxy access, you'll see a new option in the NHS App called Linked profiles.
For help & support with setting up your NHS App, please head over to: https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/the-nhs-app/help/