Activities and Support
There is a wide and interesting range of activities in Carlisle City and District, some are free, some have a charge, and some require the presence of a carer.
Creative Reminiscences, Gateway to Memories Group
CVS Centre, Carlisle. Mondays 2-4pm (except bank holidays)
Contact - Susan Child: 07531168218, email@example.com
Currock Community Centre, Mondays 2-3.30pm.
Contact – Susie Tate: 01434 345736/07554478851 to register.
Cumbria Partnership Carers Support Group, Carlisle Library, Mondays, 1.30-3.30pm (except bank holidays).
Contact – Carol Desborough: 01228 602100
Age UK, Day Care Events
10am-3pm, Mondays: St Cuthberts Court; Wednesdays: Pettrill Bank.
Contact – 01228 536673
Amy’s Care Day Services
Mondays Burnside Court, Tuesdays Heysham Gardens.
Contact – 016973 71973
The Resource Centre, Lister House
Mon-Fri, 9-4. Full range of activities and support.
Contact – 01228 549449
Dementia Tea Service
St George’s URC, 3rd Tuesday of every month, 2pm.
Contact – Rosalind 016973 44892
Creative Arts and Conversation
Prism Arts, Paternoster Row, Tuesdays, 10am-12noon and/or 1-3pm.
Contact – 01228 888630 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Waterton Hall, 2nd Wednesday of the month, 10am till 12 noon. Welcome to call in, or contact Alzheimers Society 01228 819299
Singing for the Brain
Waterton Hall every Thursday, 1.30-3pm.
Contact – Alzheimers Society 01228 819229
Alzheimers Walking Group
North Cumbria every 4-6 weeks.
Contact – Brian Scroggie: 01228 523254/07724071636, email@example.com
Dementia Friendly Walking Football
Botcherby Community Centre, Fridays 1.30pm.
Contact – 01228 596992
Afternoon at the Museum
Tullie House Function Room, last Friday of the month, 1-3pm.
Contact – 01228 618705
Church of Scotland, Chapel St.
Art Class, Mondays 10-12noon; Cultivating Health (social group) Wednesdays; Crochet and Craft, Thursdays 7-9pm.
Contact – Jennifer 07526773154
Longtown Dementia Hub
Longtown Community Centre, 4th Tuesday of the month, 1.30-3.30pm.
Contact – 07967 108803, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dementia Resource Bags
Available from Carlisle Library.
Contact any of the Community Support Officers 01228 227328
(Magic Table for designed interactive activities) Carlisle Library opening times.
Ring 01228 227328 to book.
- Carlisle Carers: Health Centre, Fusehill Street, 01228 542 156, email@example.com
- Alzheimer’s Society: Carlisle Office, Harraby Green Business Park. Judith Reay, Dementia Support Worker, 01228 819299
- National Dementia Helpline: 030002221122
- Fact Sheets: (for info about dementia) alzheimers.org.uk/factsheets
- Talking Point: “Ask for advice, share information, join the discussion, feel supported” forum.alzheimers.org.uk/forum.php
- Age UK Office: Carlisle, Spencer Street, 01228 536673, www.ageuk.org.uk/carlisleandeden
- Cumbria Partnership NHS Trust: Memory Service team leader, Helen Todd, 01228 602100, Helen.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adult Social Care: Cumbria County Council, 01228 227040
- Churches Together in Cumbria: Dementia Reference Group, Yvonne Povey, Dementia Project Officer, 07840 205 632 or 01768 897138 or email@example.com
- Carlisle District SVP Befriending Service: 07546922528, leaflets available from Age UK and Alzheimers Society.
INDEX - Self-Help-Centre
- Online Consultation
- Health A - Z
- Live Well
- Self Referrals
- Child Health
- Community Groups
- Depression, Anxiety and Stress
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Elderly Care
- In Times of Bereavement
- Pain Management
- Parkrun Practice
- Self Care
- Sexual Health
- Stop Smoking
- Weight Management
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.