How does eConsult work?
eConsult is easy for patients and practices
eConsult lets you consult with your NHS GP online by completing an online form that is sent and reviewed by the practice. You can also be directed to patient self-help, pharmacy advice and local self-referral services.
Watch the eConsult video guide on the bottom of this page for more information.
eConsult is available to use from 7.30am until 6.00pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
You'll wonder how you did without it
- Patients may not need a trip to the surgery and their query may be resolved with a phone call, SMS message or e-mail
- There is no need to change surgery to get digital first access. Patients complete an online GP consultation with their own practice when they need to
- Medical advice is available 24/7 even when the practice is closed – Patients can check their health symptoms online and receive on the spot medical advice and treatment guidance thanks to NHS content
- Patients will get a response from their own NHS GP practice by the end of the next working day or sooner
- Access wherever and whenever patients want from any device. Unlike a telephone call patients can complete an eConsult at a pace that suits them, without taking up practice time
- Patients can request sick notes and test results without the need for an appointment saving patient and practice time
Help us help you, by accessing "I want help for my condition", pick the problem area and click "I want to help myself" which gives current advice and 1st line treatments for many health problems.
You can also try a local pharmacy for advice about a range of conditions.
In addition, if the eConsultation system advises that more urgent advice is needed (such as to contact NHS 111 or 999), please stop completing the eConsult and follow the safety advice provided.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.