Getting a care needs assessment
If you think you, or someone you know, needs help to cope day-to-day, the first step is to get a needs assessment from your local council.
You'll need to have this assessment before the council can recommend a service such as:
- equipment like a walking frame or personal alarm
- changes to your home such as a walk-in shower
- practical help from a paid carer
- day care for your child if either you or they are disabled
- access to day centres and lunch clubs
- moving to a care home
The needs assessment is free and anyone can ask for one.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.